Our news & EVENTS
ALL COMMUNITY EVENTS, INCLUDING EASTER ACTIVITIES, ARE CANCELED THROUGH APRIL 30.
At Marquis Senior Communities, we believe seniors can maintain an active, fulfilling, and socially-enriched lifestyle at any age. We coordinate activities that encourage community involvement and interaction between residents, associates, and the executive leadership team.
Our locations are always bustling with events for seniors to enjoy on their terms. Life Enrichment Directors within each community create a monthly calendar filled with a variety of engaging cultural, educational, and social programs designed to challenge the mind and body. Most participants find that they discover new, meaningful friendships along the way.
Our executive leadership team is directly involved at each of our communities and in local events. We’ve designed a Welcome Home Program that makes it easy for new residents to host a private housewarming party for friends and family to view their apartment and enjoy complimentary refreshments and coffee.
Contact us to get involved and learn more.
ILLNESS PREVENTION STATEMENT
TO OUR RESIDENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS:
We would like to address the concerns regarding the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) on the health and safety of our residents, associates, and families. Our number one priority is to ensure our residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment. Given the fluidity of the current situation, we’ve implemented measures to prevent the potential onset and subsequent spread of COVID-19 in our community. However, this will take a coordinated effort from everyone involved.
With guidance and recommended action from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Minnesota Department of Health, and county health department officials, we are working with the utmost vigilance to limit the possibility for the virus to enter our building. We are currently refraining from all visits.
Additional proactive steps we’re taking include:
- We are eliminating all outings to public spaces including grocery stores, religious services, shopping malls, theaters, and casinos.
- We are closing all resident self-service dining venues.
- We are postponing or cancelling all community events and our social events for the remainder of April.
- We strongly recommend that residents cancel or postpone all upcoming travel, including flights and cruises.
- Residents returning to the community following a hospital stay must be screened prior to their arrival.
- Adding supplemental screening measures for new residents to ensure they have not been exposed.
- Prohibiting building access to those residents who have reason to believe they or someone they’ve been in close contact with have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Prohibiting building access to anyone who has traveled abroad in the past 14-days or anyone sharing a household with a person who has traveled abroad in the last 14-day.
Additional cleaning protocols include:
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of all high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces.
- Regular cleaning of high touch point areas including handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, and faucets.
- Implementing strict handwashing procedures per CDC guidelines for all associates.
- Supplying our associates with the appropriate protective clothing, such as gowns and gloves, in the event they interact with a resident who appears to be symptomatic.
Residents and family members are asked to:
- Update emergency contact information to ensure we have the most recent data. Please reach out to our Executive Director or Director of Nursing to update your phone number or email address.
- Practice appropriate handwashing: use soap and water and wash hands for a MINIMUM of 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough: if you need to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your elbow. Discard used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging.
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer found throughout the building.
If you are a resident and experience a cough, fever, sore throat, running nose, and/or shortness of breath, please stay inside your apartment and contact an associate immediately.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to please follow the guidance of the CDC, World Health Organization, and the Minnesota Department of Health, who is leading the state’s preparedness and communication efforts.
My parents have lived at Elk River Senior Living for over a year. Mom and Dad are so busy with the wide variety of activities offered that I have to check their schedule to see if they can fit me in. I am so happy they take part because they have created some amazing friendships. The staff at Elk River Senior Living is great because they are courteous and helpful and treat the residents and their families with the utmost respect.Read More Testimonials Here >